John Mozeliak said at Winter Warm-Up last weekend that they were “on the one yard line” with regards to Ballpark Village, so I guess he was telling the truth. I think this could be a really exciting opportunity for Cardinals fans once it is completed. It will give them a more full and complete experience when going to the ballpark outside of just the game. Here’s the important information to know from the press release that was given out just moments ago:
- The St. Louis Cardinals and their development partner, the Cordish Companies, announced that they closed today on the financing for the construction of the $100 million first phase of Ballpark Village.
- A formal groundbreaking ceremony will be held on Friday, February 8th at 11 am on the construction site.
- The first phase of Ballpark Village is anticipated to be completed by Opening Day 2014
- It will include the construction of 100,000 sq. feet of retail and entertainment space along Clark Street next to Busch Stadium.
- The initial phase will be anchored by Cardinals Nation, Budweiser Brew House, and Live! at Ballpark Village. Cardinals Nation will be a first-of-its kind venue totaling over 30,000 square feet on three levels. Cardinals Nation includes a two story restaurant, a Cardinals Hall of Fame and Museum, and a 300-plus seat seating deck with views into Busch Stadium.
- A second building will house a 20,000 square foot two-story Anheuser-Busch venue with a festive rooftop party deck offering views into Busch Stadium. The two signature structures will be joined by Live at Ballpark Village!, an indoor market place with a retractable canopy covering the event space designed to be a vibrant gathering space throughout the year. The Cardinals and the Cordish Companies will announce additional details at the groundbreaking ceremony next week.