The St. Louis Cardinals (0-2) lost to the Boston Red Sox (1-1) by a score of 5-3 on Sunday afternoon. Here are some of the highlights:
- Allen Craig and Rafael Furcal both appeared in today’s game as the DH, as they are both recovering from injuries. Craig is day-to-day in regards to when he will play the field for the first time. Furcal grounded out in both of his at bats, while Craig went 1-for-2.
- Daniel Descalso hit his first home run of the Spring in the fifth inning to cut the Red Sox 2-0 lead in half
- LHP Tyler Lyons, who pitched in AA-Springfield and AAA-Memphis last year, threw two scoreless innings.
- Sam Freeman let up two runs in the top of the sixth, including walking former Cardinal Mark Hamilton with the bases loaded to force in one run.
- Starting pitcher John Gast also struggled, giving up two runs in his two innings of work.
The Cardinals take on the Houston Astros tomorrow at 12:10 CST.