Good Morning Cardinal Nation. Here’s what I have for you this morning:
MORE MUSIAL NOTES:
The tributes to Stan have surprisingly not slowed down even a little bit. Here are some more articles to look through that remember The Man:
- “We’re not the same Cardinals without Stan,” says Bill DeWitt.
- The 55th annual St. Louis BBWAA Dinner became a tribute to Musial.
- Tony LaRussa says Musial was the “best that you can be.”
- Albert Pujols: “Thank God I knew him.”
- The White House was saddened to learn of Musial’s death.
- Also, the Cardinals plan to wear number 6 on their Cardinals all season long in 2013.
WAINWRIGHT EXTENSION TALKS: Bill DeWitt said on Saturday that the team plans to increase its payroll in the near future. This undoubtedly has to relate to a potential deal they’ll eventually reach with Adam Wainwright. Though John Mozeliak said on Saturday that he expects the deal to be very long and expensive, he is confident that they can reach an agreement that will satisfy both parties. Wainwright won’t set a deadline on negotiation talks like Albert Pujols did last year, but you have to imagine that they would try and get something done between now and Spring Training, or else he would most likely wait until the end of 2013.
WINTER WARM-UP DAY THREE: It has been a fun couple of days at Winter Warm-Up and I’m pumped to go this morning as well. Bill DeWitt will be speaking at 10AM which I’m looking forward to seeing. I encourage all to come out who haven’t been so far, particularly because of Musial’s passing. It’s a great event for a great cause.
MATHENY FINANCIAL WOES: Mike Matheny spoke in-depth on Saturday about his financial troubles and how he probably wouldn’t even be the Cardinals’ manager had he not lost so much money in his real estate investments. Pretty crazy stuff here actually.