Cardinals Lose a Heartbreaker to Brewers at Home
- After a great 1st inning of hitting highlighted by a Randal Grichuk double that plated Matt Holliday and Stephen Piscotty. After that, Yadier Molina singled up the middle to score Grichuk and the Cardinals were off to a hot start and a 3-1 lead.
- Mike Leake failed to hold the lead against a mediocre Brewers lineup in his second start. So far in a Cardinals uniform Leake has been unimpressive. I think it’s safe to say that he has not lived up the $18 million expectation that was placed on him.
- Brandon Moss came on in the 8th as a pinch hitter and showed off his clutch gene, hitting a game-tying home run. The long ball gave the Redbirds some momentum late in the game, if only for a few moments…
Brandon Moss got that CLUTCH GENE#STLCards
— CardsBlog.com (@cardsblog) April 14, 2016
- Then, in the top of the 9th, Trevor Rosenthal gave up a two-run home run to Domingo Santana. Definitely not typical of the usually dominant closer, but it had some people calling for a closing change. Not saying I agree, but I did see these thoughts on Twitter. Actually, I’ll just leave you with that thought.
- This game stung, but the Cardinals will improve.
Photo Credit to Jasen Vinlove of USA Today Sports